Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Mind My English 3 - Duped


This is the script that I wrote for our presentation at the IIUM English For Public Courses Certificate Giving Ceremony, December 2006. Unfortunately, this play couldn't be performed as we were lacked of casts and time to practise.

Enjoy reading it and use your imagination to spice it up. If any of you want to put up a play using this script, you may do it but don't forget to give me the credits, yeah. It's more to Malaysian joke though.


Characters : Mal, Fui Fui, Ajlaa, Rin

An English teacher will be doing a vocabulary quiz for his students. He mentions a word and the students will write down the meaning or the descriptions.

Mr Coklat : Good evening class. Before we start our class today, I would like you to do me a favor. Put up your hands if you don’t bring any dictionary.

(Some students will check their bags. Some will talk to each other. All of them raise their hands, slowly and a little bit unsure.)

Ajlaa : I put up my hand because I don’t bring any dictionary and I want to ask you a question.

Mr Coklat : Yes, please, Ajlaa.

Ajlaa : Why do you ask us to put up our hands if we don’t bring our dictionaries?

Mr Coklat : Well, should I ask you to put up your stinky feet? I just want to make sure you don’t bring any because I want to do a pop quiz for you. Since all of you love to leave your dictionaries at home, I will make sure you will miss it so much after this. This quiz will be included in 10% of your final grade. (muahahaahahaha…laughing devilishly)

Fui Fui : But you didn’t ask us to bring dictionary, maaaaa (agreed by others)

Mr Coklat : Hello… I am not your mother!?

Fui Fui : Soo..soo..sorry, but you did not ask us to bring dictionary, Mr Coklat.

Mr Coklat : Enough! Let us not waste our time. I will tell you several words and on a piece of paper I want you to write down the word and the meaning for me.

Rin : Fui Fui, can I borrow your paper? I forgot to bring one, lah.

Fui Fui : Haiyaa.. Rin..we are busy here and you want to read newspaper ahh??

Rin : Noooo..laaahh.. paper.. paper.. I want to write my answer..

Fui Fui : OOOoooohh… haiyaa..take this..take this.. (give a piece of red paper to Rin). What color is your paper?

Rin : Of course lah white one..i left it at home.

Fui Fui : You said you want to borrow, right? Never mind, lah.. no need to give me back..I just want red paper.

Rin : hi hi hi.. oohh you want the “Ong” ahh.. hi hi.. thank you..thank you..

Mr Coklat : All right, class! The first word is … “Supernatural”!

Rin : Oooohh.. that’s an easy one. I know what “Super Natural” is! (Writing something on the paper)
Mr Coklat : Second word is … “Born”.

Ajlaa : Rin.. can we change the answer? I don’t know the first word.

Rin : Of course we can change the answer. If you think the answer is wrong, then change it lahhhh…

Ajlaa : No laaaa.. I want your answer for the first word.. and I will give you my answer for the second one.

Fui Fui : Ooohh.. she wants to exchange the answer, maaaa..

Rin : Why don’t you tell me.. ish ish ish..

Mr Coklat : Silence!!!!! You are talking too much. This is the third word and I don’t want to hear you making noise anymore. The third word is “Corner”.
I give you 10 seconds, and when I call your name, tell me what is the meaning of the word. (Keep on knocking the table using the rattan stick).

1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…10

Azrina! Tell me what does “Supernatural” mean? What it is?

Rin : You must be kidding me, Mr Coklat .. (giggling). You have asked me the easiest question I have ever heard. “Super Natural” is the youngest brother of Superman and he is the friend of Ultraman Nexus. His girlfriend is…

Mr Coklat : Stop it! What are you talking about? Do the squats now.. 3 times!

Rin : Cannot.. please..please.. I miss my dictionary already.

Fui Fui : No.. pity her, maaaaa…

Mr Coklat : Fui Fui.. you will also have the same fate as hers if you can not answer my question! (Talking fiercely and annoyingly.. keep on knocking the table with the rattan stick). What do you understand from the word “Born”?

Fui Fui : Bond…. (pause). James Bond.

Mr Coklat : You….!!!!!!!!! Do you want me to shoot you now? Grrr…grrr…

Fui Fui : (Speaking in Chinese.. asking for help)

Rin & Ajlaa : Noooooo…

Mr Coklat : Ok.. Calm down, Coklat.. calm down. Ajlaa, you will save them all if you can answer my last question. Otherwise, all of you will face the greatest sentence on earth.. (muahahahaha… )
Now, explain to me about the word “Corner”.

Ajlaa : Very the easy one, Sir. (Acting as she is riding a motorbike … brrr..brrr.. and suddenly make a big turn). Right now, I’m making a big “kona”, Sir!

Rin : Good one, Ajlaa.

Mr Coklat : Arrgghhhh..!! (Screaming).. This is why you should bring your dictionary when you go to English course!

Mr Coklat chases Rin, Ajlaa and Fui Fui.

Fui Fui : Hey, why should we afraid of you? If you are good, then what are the meanings of the words?

Mr Coklat : I don’t need to answer that, I’m good.

Rin : No.. we want the proof! Yeaaa.. don’t look at the dictionary! (Speaking out loud)

Ajlaa : Let me hold this for you (take away the rattan stick and knock the table with it).

(Ajlaa, Rin and Fui Fui look angry and as they want to beat Mr Coklat… Mr Coklat ducks)

Mr Coklat : Please.. please.. forgive me.. I’m not the real Mr Coklat, I don’t even know how to teach English. I’m your classmate!.. (Crying)

Ajlaa, Rin, Fui Fui : WHAT!!!!!!?????? Give us back our money! Yea..yea..

Fui Fui : We have been cheated. So what are we going to now, aahh??

Rin : Hey.. I heard IIUM have English for Public Courses. How about we go there and register for the course? It is quite cheap, you know.

Ajlaa : Yea.. Let’s not waste our time. Let’s go!

Mr Coklat : Wait! Take me with you! I want to get registered too..

Ajlaa : Hey.. Mr Coklat the liar.. (looking at the time) it’s already 10pm. We want to go home lah!


THE END…

Script by : Azrina Hussin, PJ

0 comments on "Mind My English 3 - Duped"

 

Aku, Dia dan Lagu Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates